Pilates is a form of exercise that directly focuses on posture, stability, balance and strength. Recent research has shown clinical Pilates can be used alongside physiotherapy for treating various soft tissues problems especially neck and back.
Over the years, evidence has shown that Pilates-based exercises has been extremely popular in the rehabilitation of treating spinal conditions. Pilates assists in controlling the core spinal stabiliser muscles which help maintain balance and strength, reducing the risk of long-term spinal conditions.
Conditions Treated Using Clinical Pilates
- Antenatal and Postnatal
- Low back pain (acute and Chronic)
- Neck dysfunctions
- Poor posture
- Post spinal surgery
- Sports injuries
- improved flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone
- increase muscular control of your back
- increase stabilisation of your spine
- improved posture
- rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle
- improved physical coordination and balance
- safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
- prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- stress management and relaxation.
- people with pre-existing medical condition such as heart diseases
- people with existing musculoskeletal injuries
All our Physiotherapists are experienced in assisting Pilates and Spinal pain. All our Physiotherapists will tailor the Pilates with your condition and your treatment plan. Our aftercare service means that we will provide help and assistance should this be necessary with sequential and periodic reviews
www.appihealthgroup.com – Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute
www.bodycontrolpilates.com – Body Control Pilates